Thursday, December 23, 2010

Myola Village, Jervis Bay

What a wonderful place to relax after the wedding.

The caravan park that we are staying in is in the sleepy village of Myola, just south of Nowra and just north of Huskisson on Jervis Bay. It is a sleepy little place, although we just can't seem to escape the gentle hum of leaf blowers....

The weather has been a little uncooperative as has the water temperature so we have only been swimming at the beach twice. We have also done a little bit of last minute Christmas shopping at Huskisson and there have also been some long walks along the beach so our shell collection is growing rapidly.



Of an evening we have been making friends with the local wildlife. The caravan park backs on to a forest so there is plenty to meet. We have been eating outside of an evening and on one occasion we were swarmed with Rainbow Lorakeets who all decided to join us for dinner.


Tonight I had a close encounter of the Kangaroo kind. I was sitting outside waiting to feed the birds when up hops a Roo who had decided to eat the bread that I had thrown on to the pathway for the birds. I was all in favour of this and proceeded to toss the rest of the bread to Mr Roo. Here I am 2 feet from a Roo without my camera....bugger. This photo was taken a little earlier...before my close encounter.


We went for a walk after dinner and there were about 12 Roos hopping around the park, including one curious little guy who thought I had something good to eat and hopped right up to me to see.

To keep up my status as a food blogger here is a picture of yesterdays breakfast.


It is the joy of a home cooked breakfast. Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and toast. I used the KR Castlemaine thin and crispy bacon which is awesome. Mel's food envy was uncontrollable and some of the bacon went missing in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment