Thursday, December 16, 2010

I have a new project

With the upcoming wedding of Mel and I this Sunday, we have been given a bookshop gift voucher from her work mates.

She chose to purchase some books for us. First was a novel to help her unwind after the wedding - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and secondly a copy of The AWW Cooking School Cookbook.


The cookbook, she informed me was so that I could fix her something yummy while she relaxed with her book.......


I have decided that I should use my new cookery guide to learn the basics of cooking.  Once the Christmas season is over and we get back from the honeymoon in Hawaii (jealous??) I will begin working my way through this tome.


Now I realise that some of you out there can already see the inevitable comparison to the movie Julia & Julia but I assure you that I will probably not be trying every recipe in the book and I definitely won't be cooking everyday.

6 comments:

  1. What do you mean you won't be cooking everyday???

    ReplyDelete
  2. But we still need to go out for you to blog about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can still cook everyday and go out for blogging purposes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the phrase "unwind after the wedding"! Don't forget to enjoy your wedding Smelanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the wedding (today!!!) Hopefully you will get a Thermomix as a present and it will make cooking fun and easy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cate, It was a fantastic day. Everything was perfect. No luck with the Thermomix but its on the list.

    Hi Snoozen, We did enjoy the day and have commenced the unwinding...

    ReplyDelete